Sunday, October 19, 2014

Recipe: Easy Tater Tot Casserole

My husband has fond memories of his mother's tater tot casserole and requested that I make it for dinner tonight. After contacting her for the recipe, I put forth the effort to make a scrumptious meal. Overall, it was a success, but not quite as creamy as Mom's (per the hubby).  For my taste, I melted a slice of American cheese on the top of my serving, so mine was full of creamy deliciousness. Next time, I may add 1/2 can milk to achieve a creamier consistency.

 

Tater Tot Casserole

1 lb ground beef (browned)
1/4 c diced onion
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can french style green beans
1 pkg Tater Tots ( I used Ore Ida brand)

Brown 1 lb of hamburger with the diced onion then drain. Place the browned beef mixture into the bottom of a small casserole dish. Top with 1 can of cream of celery soup, green beans, and add enough tater tots to cover the top. Bake in oven at 375 degrees for 45 minutes. 

** I melted cheese on the top of my serving for added flavor.
 
What do you think? Do you have any tips for a creamier tater tot casserole?



 
 

0 comments :

Post a Comment