Wednesday, October 29, 2014

DIY Dollar Tree Frame Makeover

While shopping at the Dollar Tree, I stumbled upon this cute 5x7 picture frame. I love the raised details along the edges of the frame and the beveled edges that give this frame a higher end look. For $1.00, I couldn't pass it up. Even though I loved the details, I did not love the pewter color. So, this was the perfect opportunity to try an inexpensive makeover. 

 

I chose to spray paint my frame white and add an antiqued look using antiquing glaze. To add the glazing I simply rubbed a small amount onto the frame with a cloth, then wiped the excess off with a clean cloth. If you really wanted to get into the ridges, you could use a small paint brush to apply the glaze.


Here is the final result! I love it so much more painted white, and the antiquing glaze makes the small details in the frame really pop!


That's it for my Dollar Tree frame makeover. It was easy peasy and affordable too. 

For this project I used:
White Spray Paint
Picture Frame
Valspar Asphaltum Antiquing Glaze

0 comments :

Post a Comment